Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 52 (246 lbs, minus approx 51 lbs)


Cleared to exercise...sorta.

So I had a followup with Dr. Hutter today and he was very pleased with the progress. He has given me permission to exercise without limitation.

However, I also had a followup with my cardiologist, Dr. McFarland. Dr. McFarland is also very in favor of an exercise regiment, but he wants it supervised by the Cardiac Rehab unit at MGH. This is due to the Hypertrophic Cardio Myopathy that I was diagnosed with way back in 1991. I am a little concerned about this since cardiac people seem to love things such as treadmills, exercise bikes, and stairclimbers...boring, boring, and boring. I don't need to hulk out like a professional wrestler but I would like to be able to lift some lighter weights, play some basketball or whatever...

Anyway, Cardiac Rehab is normally covered for those people who have had some sort of incident. Dr. M is trying to get me in on the grounds that I have the HCM and I am post-bariatric surgery. So before I pick a gym, I now have to wait for the "consult committee" at MIT Medical to approve this and then get an appointment at MGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment