Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 51 - New Jeans

So it's been awhile since I posted anything. Sorry for the delay.

Last Monday, I made my triumphant return to work. I worked a full day and then woke up to a passing Kidney Stone the next morning. My colleagues at work wanted me to wait till I had an official clearance from my Dr. before returning, so I wound up being out the rest of the week.

I don't know if the Kidney Stone passing was related to my return to work...I blame it on my lack of liquid intake. Although I do try to make sure I drink enough, it doesn't always happen. So I paid the price last week. It was painful and I made a terrible scene in the lobby of urgent care. But really, when someone is in agony you should help them quickly instead of answering the phone.

I made another triumphant return to MIT yesterday and have decided to ease back in slowly. I am only going to work 4-5 hours a day this week, and then see about getting back up to 8 hours next week.

I visited Peter in NYC over the weekend. He made me buy new jeans because he felt my old jeans looked like "Clown Pants" and that they were making a mockery of things. I actually bought jeans from "The Gap". I don't remember the last time I bought clothes at the mall.

I have a followup with Dr. Hutter on Wednesday and then I'll be cleared to start exercising. I haven't decided if I should join the gym at MIT or the YMCA in Quincy. The Y is kinda expensive but you do get a lot of facilities...MIT has a better deal but then I am staying in the city an extra hour or so.

I'll repost after my Dr. H visit.

1 comment: