Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 63 - (240 lbs, minus approx 58)


I eat like a toddler.

So Valentines has come and gone. It was a nice night out for Cheryl and me, but it was also one of those nights where you miss eating.

We went to a decent restaurant we've wanted to try in Quincy. And like most restaurants they had plenty of delicious special appetizers, entrees and desserts to try. I knew I should skip the meal and just get some soup but I think I felt like the restaurant would frown on that so I ordered the duck. My hope was that since the duck is a bit fattier, it would go down easy.

It sort of worked, however I'd say $24 worth of the $25 duck was still there when I finished...it now resides safely in our refrigerator. Please feel free to send me any "leftover duck" recipes. I stopped eating after a few bites and just accepted the dilemma w/out forcing myself to eat more. I also wanted to save room for dessert since there would surely be something mushy on the menu. You can see my dessert in the picture...I forget what they called it but it was basically an Italian version of Flan.

Overall it was a nice night. Cheryl had Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes. I waited till she had eaten most of it and decided she liked them before I let her know that Gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese (bleu?). Cheryl is not normally a fan of the Bleu.

While I do have a love/hate relationship with my itty bitty stomach...I do hope I can at least eat a bit more next year.

So now I eat like a toddler. Cheryl and I went to breakfast this morning and I ordered one scrambled egg and sausage. I got through half the egg and one sausage link...do you think they'd let me order off the children's menu?

I got hungry later and had a sippy cup of milk and dry cheerios...It's like I'm 2 years old sitting in a pew at Church...but I have to admit I'm starting to embrace my toddler stomach-pouch.

later.

3 comments:

  1. Believe me, you do not eat like the toddler in our house. Our toddler would have happily eaten all of Cheryl's potatoes and filet and then asked for more. Lucy could use some of your impressive restraint in eating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe! You look so skinny in this picture! Happy Valentines to you and Cheryl. If it makes you feel better, I now sleep like a toddler. -Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete