Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 22 (256 lbs. minus approx 42 lbs)


So I had another bad morning, but luckily I had another followup at the MGH Weight Center. The nutritionist gave me some good adivice; I have to remember that it has only been 3 weeks since my surgery and it's going to take time to learn to eat again. I have always been a fast eater and that does not work post surgery. So now that I've had two bad experiences, hopefully I can be a more mindful eater. She also informed me that this is certainly a behavior related problem, for if it was stricture caused by surgery, I'd have trouble getting water down.

Another issue I have been having is nose bleeds. It's very possible that my sleep apnea pressure setting is too high right now (since I have lost some weight). This could be causing my nasal passages to become overly dry. I need to followup with the Sleep Dr. about that.

It was interesting to go to my nutritional group today and hear some of the problems other folks are having...some very similar to mine, some do not line up with mine at all. But for me, I have to learn to tell the difference between fake hungry in my head, and real hunger from my body. I now realize that I had no idea when I was truly hungry or full before this surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Joe,
    It is such a learning process. Keep up the great work -42lbs-that is awesome!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the bumps, we're so glad to hear that you're having success as well. Hang in there! Hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete