Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 32 (253 lbs minus approx 45 lbs) A plateau?


Hi all, sorry for the delay between posts. I've been in a bit of a holding pattern this past week. I am still not back to work and there hasn't been too many developments of which to speak.

I seem to have hit a plateau...although the MGH weight center will tell me that there are no real plateaus and the reason the scale has stopped showing weight loss has more to do with fluid fluctuation than a cessation of fat loss. I'll take their word for it.

According to my own googling, it is common for people to lose most of their excess weight in the first 65 days. So if this is true, I am about 1/2 way through this period. Of course, everyone is different and having lost almost 1/2 the weight I expect to lose already, I won't be surprised if I am truly through the rapid part of the weight loss.

On the other hand, I have had very little activity since the surgery. Even though, I feel I haven't had that much to eat, it's possible that I am just not burning enough calories. I am researching exercise options now, so I am ready when I am cleared for more activity.

Some people were concerned with my mood. I want to let you all know that I feel ok. I think too much time in my house leads me to the life of a hermit...It's amazing how fast the days go by with nothing to do. I don't really miss work, but I miss a routine a bit. Well I am going to get out on the town this morning and run some errands.

I have a picture for this entry...but since Cheryl and I have a disagreement over who last had the camera cord (it was she), it will have to wait till tonight. Best...

2 comments:

  1. WEll, If I used it last it would be where I said.... Sorry, just had to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone's wondering what to get Joe for his birthday, looks like he needs a new belt -- this one's too large.

    :)

    Orion

    ReplyDelete